The Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish - Kamuning is a Catholic parish in the Kamuning District of Quezon City in the Philippines. It was established on October.
The SHJP was canonically erected with a decree issued by Msgr. O’ Doherty on October 3, 1941, the First Friday of that month. The official name given to the parish was “La Parroquia del Sagrado Corazon de Jesus” or The Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish. This was the first parish that was established in Quezon City, the two others being Our Lady of Mercy Parish in Novaliches (1856) which was then a part of Rizal and the San Pedro Bautista Church in San Francisco del Monte (1932), which was then a part of Manila, in the early 1940’s the parish boundaries reached as far as eastward towards Loyola Heights and westward up to the Mabuhay Rotonda.
Telephone No.: 929 0419
Fax No.: 923-0687
Address: 28 Scout Ybardolaza Street, Barangay Sacred Heart, Kamuning, Quezon City, Philippines
N.B. Please call Parish Office for the details
Tuesday - Saturday A.M. P.M.
*No wedding on 1st Saturday, Ash Wednesday, Holy Week & Special Events
N.B. Please call Parish Office for the wedding requirements.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
1. Couple must be in the church 30 minutes earlier.
2. If couple (or one of them is late) is late for 15 minutes, the Nuptial Mass will be omitted.
3. Couple must assign their entourage coordinator to coordinate with our Wedding Usherettes.
4. Should there be a Visiting Priest (VP) notify us at least 2 weeks before wedding day.
Needed: VP’s License Authority to solemnize marriage:
Number, expiration date, position & present assignment, residence.
“Strictly Not Allowed”
1. Throwing of coins and rice grains inside and outside the church. Only flowers and confetti are allowed outside the church.
2. Taking away of flowers, wedding liturgy booklets and other decorative items.
3. Coin bearers and flower and flower girl below 4 years old
4. “Walk-in” Photographers
5. Late comers in the Pre-Cana Siminar.
Video Filming / Photo Taking
*Strictly Compliance is needed to avoid confusion and waste of time*
1. Photographer and Cameramen must come in proper attire with reverence and decorum.
2. During Homily and Consecration, no photo taking nor video filming to avoid unnecessary distruction.
3. Photos may be taken and filming can be done during these parts of the Mass and Weddin Rites.
*Entrance (whole entourage)
*Whole Wedding Rite
*Signing of Contract
• Bride & Groom
• Couple with Bride’s Parents
• Couple with Bride’s Parents and Immediate Family
• Couple with Bride’s Parents and Groom’s Parents
• Couple with respective Parents and Principal Sponsors
• Couple with Groom’s Parents
• Couple with Groom’s Parents and Immediate Family
• Couple with Secondary Sponsors
• Couple with Whole Entourage
1. Best Man and Maid of Honor
2. Groom & Parents
3. Principal Sponsors
4. Bridesmaids & Groomsmen
5. Secondary Sponsors
6. Bible Bearer
7. Ring Bearer
8. Arrhae Bearer
9. Flower Girls
10. Bride Parents
N.B. All other arrangements outside this guidelines are subject to the approval of the Parish Priest